W231n1013 County Road F, Waukesha, WI 53186
Style and Design

We purchased what we considered to be a very nice leather sectional sofa from Steinhafels in May of 2019. After only few months we noticed that the end recliners seemed to be leaning. We contacted Steinhafels and they came out and "repaired" them. We were told that 2 screws were totally stripped and that they added in 4 new screws. It made me nervous that the construction was that bad but I was optimistic that it would be fine. I was most nervous that the couch would not stand up the test of time meaning years from now it wasn't going to hold up.

Never did I thought that 2 months later the problem would resurface but worse.

I contacted Steinhafels and they sent a rep out to review the situation.

Weeks went by and I want not contacted.

After emailing them to ask the status, I was told parts were on order. It would be 8-10 weeks. I seem to get a response from them every 3rd email. Again, I got a response that said the part the part name which doesn't mean much to me if it doesn't say how it will fix the problem. Then they announced I could have to bring the furniture in to have it repaired.

Now the back of one of the recliners is wobbling back and forth. So we have the base leaning to the side and wobbling and the now the back wobbling. I emailed them to give them this update and guess what...no response.

I have been told that I should have returned it during their 30 day happiness guarantee. Great...if I had know it would fall apart 30 days later then by all means I would have. Who buys a $5000 sectional from a "reputable" deal and thinks it is going to be a piece of ***

I have asked for the pieces to be replaced or have them take the whole thing back and give us a credit. Now 6 months later we are still sitting in limbo not really knowing what will happen.

Steinhafels has the market as the largest dealer in the area and they know it. Their customer service sucks as does the junk they sell. I will be happy to repost that they are going to stand behind their product...but at this point it is doubtful that they will do anything.

The product sucks as does their service...and I will make sure to tell everyone and post everywhere.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments